Bodywork is a form of therapy that focuses on the body as a whole. From head to toe, everything from your skeletal system to your nervous system can be addressed during a session. 5 key benefits that you can experience from regular bodywork for athletes with sports injuries and chronic pain.
As an athlete, you already know that you’ve got to maintain optimal health if you want to keep playing the sport you love. Physical therapy with an experienced physical therapist is a big part of that, especially when you’re recovering from an injury. One of the main parts of a good physical therapy regimen after an injury involves therapeutic massage. Below, you’ll learn five of the best benefits of Bodywork for athletes.
- Improved Immune System Athletes are more vulnerable to illness. Just one bad cold or flu can keep you out of the sport you love for weeks — and you may feel terrible for quite some time afterward. Fortunately, massage helps your natural immune system defenses function better. Your body is encouraged to build up its natural cytotoxic capacity during a massage.
- Improved Circulation Massage can help improve circulation considerably during your physical therapy program. Improved circulation allows your muscles to obtain the blood supply they require to avoid stiffness and tension. After the therapeutic massage, your muscles will function more efficiently.
- Muscle Relaxation The most well-known advantage of massage, muscular relaxation, takes on a whole new significance for an athlete. Muscle soreness, tightness, and pain are all things that athletes expect, but the good news is that therapeutic massage can help you reduce them significantly. Even after you’ve completed a physical therapy program for an injury, you might still get the most out of your treatment by having massages with your physical therapist regularly.
- Less Scar Tissue Your physical therapy massage can effectively deal with adhesions. The hard scar tissue that forms around an injury is called an “adhesion,” and if you don’t get rid of them, they might limit your mobility or cause severe discomfort in some other way! Your therapist will work to break down these bonds using targeted methods so as not only to make space for new muscle growth but also to free up tight muscles quickly without delay from recovery time onward.
- Improved Posture When it comes to posture, massage is an important part of the equation. When combined with other forms of physical treatment like exercise or yoga and executed correctly by a professional who knows what they’re doing (and has checked for any allergies), you could see huge differences in how your body feels about itself! For example: when someone has bad posture all day long then takes care not only of their head but also some shoulders throughout this time; these positions will help them sleep better at night since misalignment can cause headaches from pressure being placed on certain areas too much while sleeping.
WHAT IS A SPORTS MASSAGE?
- A sports massage is a form of bodywork that can help prevent injuries, speed recovery, enhance performance, and increase well-being. Improved range of motion, enhanced athletic performance & muscle strengthening are just a few of the benefits.
- A sports massage is a type of massage that targets pain and discomfort caused by injuries and intense physical exercise. Apart from physical relaxation, this sort of massage provides both physiological and psychological advantages.
- Sports massage was created to assist sports players to recover from injuries. Both athletes and non-athletes may benefit from today’s sports massages.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SPORTS MASSAGE?
The benefits of bodywork in the world of sports are well documented. Benefits include increased range of motion, restoration, and recovery from physical activity or injury, improved circulation & lymphatic drainage, pain relief, better sleep through the release of tension held in tight muscles. These benefits are for both professional athletes as well as weekend warriors who enjoy hitting various fitness classes at their local gym. Benefits for athletes are more specific and include increased power, speed & reaction time as well as reduced fatigue can lead to improved performance on the field of play.
The benefits of bodywork have been studied extensively over the last few decades in both clinical research settings as well as by trainers with their players at professional sports clubs around the world.
When it comes to athletes, bodywork is an essential component of any training regimen. If you’ve been looking for a way to improve your game or get back in shape after time off from exercise, sports massage can be just what the doctor ordered. As long as you have access to qualified professionals who are capable of providing effective treatments that address all aspects of injury prevention and recovery without causing undue pain, then there isn’t anything stopping you from making the call today!
Are You an Athlete Experiencing Pain But Don’t Know Where to Turn for Help?
Beyond Ergonomics gives athletes and desk professionals answers to their pain problems. Body imbalances, repetitive use, and lack of movement are the cause of many injuries and pain. Beyond Ergonomics helps you discover your imbalances and create change. MedicinEvolution’s purpose is to reduce pain and other symptoms that you haven’t had luck with. MedicinEvolution Bodywork Beyond Massage is the solution for many problems plaguing your body. Make your appointment today!