Structural Integration: physical impact from emotional problems

Written by admin on January 25, 2011 – 1:22 am - No Comments

Knee X-RayThe body is interesting, in my experience and knowledge, particular body parts can have a direct relation to an emotion or an emotional situation. In this vein, the Center of Disease Control says 80% of chronic illnesses are caused by emotions, the various acupuncture systems all associate organs/points/meridians with emotions, Ayurvedic healing and diet takes emotions into consideration, and in Structural Integration structure and posture are a window into life. People come to me with various knee problems, or at any point of their healing process and when I probe deeper by asking, “What’s going on in life?” 10% of the time there are money worries, the other 90% have to do with unstable relationships. In my practice I educate people this way so in case they are involved in an emotional circumstance they can be extra careful that day or in the ensuing days to prevent seriously injuring themselves which could occur from something as simple as a sneeze, the body is susceptible.

I am not convinced that there is an emotional undertone to and injury 100% of the time, but there is definitely some correlation between knees and relationships. The problem may not be immediately apparent, but I think when we look deep there is some unstable feeling, some concern, some doubt, something in a relationship (and it doesn’t have to be a wife/husband relationship) that we suffer from. At any event wherever the body is insisting on our attention it is signaling us to be more intimate or more deeply insightful about life. Our bodies have a language and they try to communicate with us.

So, you ask, what to do from here? Obviously, a solution is to find someone who can treat your knee, and yes, simple physical relief maybe all that you need. Or you can choose to be silent, listen for your body’s signs and look into different relationships that you’re in and see if you can’t be more attentive to those. If you can hold your anger or your over-frustration, or better yet deal with him/her in a gentle and tactful way knowing that this person is going through the trials of life just like you. At the end of the day I have come to believe that it is something in us that we must get right, our bodies are warning us of our own internal dilemmas in hopes of preventing a major catastrophe in a relationship or in our bodies. Structural Integration makes bodies and minds wholesome again.

If you keep doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always gotten

Written by admin on May 28, 2008 – 8:06 am - No Comments

Statistics say that 90% of people who divorce end up remarrying, and 60% of them end up in a second divorce.

While MedicinEvolution isn’t psychotherapy or counseling, it is important to gain deeper insight into your make up and to treat your constitutional disposition. The Center for Disease Control states the 85% of all diseases are caused by emotions. Our relationships are mirrors reflecting idiosyncrasies that are inherited, learned or imposed (i.e. by a trauma).

MedicinEvoltion is a great beginning for addressing causations which in turn can give individuals better success in controlling illness. Removing causations should ALWAYS be foremost on the path to greater health.

I’ve come to believe that when our health is undermined either through illness or injury or some form of trauma the source of those seemingly distant mechanisms are very closely related, they are rooted in the bodymind – the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual unified human complex. Affecting one of these aspects can and often will affect at least one, if not all the others.

I’ve entertained this idea for a long time now. Last week after a rolfing session I felt it in myself. The session focused mainly on lengthening my neck/head/shoulder area as well as a general balance. At the start of the session I was oblivious to the mental and emotional stress that I was holding and focused more on the physical.

The session was excellent and the work continues to hold. My Epiphany was this: Any feelings or stress I was experiencing prior to the session seemed to float away. They tried to return but couldn’t anchor themselves in flesh. Like a summer rain they came and went. Emotions being a root cause of many diseases, MedicinEvolution provides a means of helping prevent, better and relieve health issues holistically.

Copyright 2008 - 2013 © MedicinEvolution – Bodywork Beyond Massage. All rights reserved.
6400 Village Pkwy # 200 Dublin, CA 94568-3007. Phone: 925.922.2246

Web Design & Development by : E2W